The older parts of Jakarta offer the chance to view the sceneries of the past. Explore Sunda Kelapa Harbor and other places of interest to the fullest, where modernity and remnants of the past can still be found.
Here, aside from Sunda Kelapa Harbor, you can found Harbor-Master Tower (Menara Syahbandar), Maritime Museum (Museum Bahari), Fatahillah Museum, Wayang Puppet Museum, Arts Museum and Beos Station.
- Climb Harbor-Master Tower to view Jakarta from the top.
- Watch the ships loading and unloading the cargo in the harbor.
- Buy fishing apparels to fish in this area, or buy fresh seafood from the market.
- Take pictures in Beos Station.
- Visit the museums.
- Attend the events done by the museum, such as open theaters portraying people in the olden times.
- Joining wayang workshops in the museum.
In Jakarta, a cab is easy to find. You can also ride the TransJakarta Bus (Corridor I, Blok M – Kota), and stop at Kota, the final destination. Taking a cab from there will be relatively much cheaper from your hotel.
Source: Ministry of Tourism and Creative Economy, Republic of Indonesia