Tourism of Indonesia
Ready to Go to Bukit Baka Bukit Raya National Park
Planning to go on a tour or travelling, we definitely want a smooth trip, comfortable accommodation, cheap hotels, good food, cheap plane tickets, close to everywhere, and can rent a motorbike or car.
In Bukit Baka Bukit Raya National Park, there is natural beauty and unique culture of the local community. There are many uniqueness, starting from the village (desa), sub-district (kecamatan), district (kabupaten) and provincial levels.
In Indonesia, each province has different and interesting characteristics. Each province has a different and unique culture and lifestyle.
In Bukit Baka Bukit Raya National Park therea are eight hundred and seventeen species of plant have been recorded, belonging to 139 families including Dipterocarpaceae, Myrtaceae, Sapotaceae, Euphorbiaceae and Ericadeae.
The forest areas of Bukit Baka Bukit Raya National Park are dominated by the peaks of the Schwaner range. This forms a mountainous tropical rain forest ecosystem with a relatively high humidity (86%).
We also will find medicinal plants and plants used for handicrafts, tools and construction materials, and consumption, and various species of forest orchid.
Amazingly, there is also the rafflesia (Rafflesia sp.), a giant flower parasite which is assumed to be similar to those growing on Mount Kinabalu, Malaysia.
Moreover, among the endemic species are Symplocos rayae, Gluta sabahana, Dillenia beccariana, Lithocarpus coopertus, Sellaginnela magnifica, and Tetracera glaberrima.
The mammals that inhabit this Park include clouded leopard (Neofelis nebulosa), orangutan (Pongo satyrus), sun bear (Helarctos malayanus euryspilus),
Also maroon leaf monkey (Presbytis rubicunda rubicunda), slow loris (Nyticebus coucang borneanus), deer (Cervus unicolor brookei), spotted giant flying squirrel (Petaurista elegants banksi), and spotted civet (Visvessa tangalunga).
Among the bird species are the helmeted hornbill (Rhinoplax vigil), rhinoceros hornbill (Buceros rhinoceros borneoensis), black hornbill (Anthracoceros malayanus), emerald dove (Chalcophaps indica), little cuckoo dove (Macropygia ruficeps), great argus (Argusianus argus grayi), and the Bornean peacock pheasant (Polyplectron schleiermacheri).
This is both one of the most elusive pheasants in the world and among the most threatened by human activities.
Rare and unique species of mammal and reptile in the Park include the horned frog (Megophyrs nasuta), green monitor lizard (Varanus prasinus), and bengkarung (Mabouya sp.).
The indigenous people living around the National Park are mostly descended from Dayak tribes like the Limbai, Ransa, Kenyilu, Ot Danum, Malahui, Kahoi, and Kahayan. Of great cultural interest are ancient statues made of belian wood, artworks and other items made of rattan, bamboo and pandan, and ritual ceremonies.
The government is taking good care of the preservation of nature and maintaining the condition of the forest.
The environment is also well maintained.
Visiting Bukit Baka Bukit Raya National Park, we will witness routine community activities in unique traditional cultures. And there are special dishes and food as part of culinary tours that are delicious and yummy.
In this place there are also regular events or activities held every year, both national and international.
There are several interesting locations and attractions here:
- In Bukit Baka (Baka Hill): climbing, kayaking/canoeing and observing animals and plants. This hill has an altitude of 1,620 m asl. The peak, with an average temperature of 15°- 20° C, is often shrouded in mist. The peak of Bukit Baka can be reached within seven hours from village of Nanga Juoi in Manukung sub-district.
- In Bukit Raya: climbing, kayaking/canoeing, observing animals and plants, and cultural tourism. Bukit Raya has an altitude of 2,278 m asl. with a temperature of 7°-10° C at the peak. From the villages of Nanga Jelundung, Rumokoy, Mihipit, Hulu Labang or Birang Merabai, the peak of Bukit Raya can be reached within 3-4 days.
- In Senamang River, Sepan Apui: rafting, thermal springs, observing animals and plants.
- In Ella River: waterfalls.
- In Kaburai: Forestry Training and Research Centre.
- In Tumbang Gagu: traditional Dayak longhouses (betang).
The journey to Bukit Baka Bukit Raya National Park is now very easy. We can enter through various modes of transportation.
The condition of the infrastructure is getting better. Starting from highways, airports, trails, ports, bridges, stairs, even some places can be reached by toll roads.
Access to go to to Bukit Baka Bukit Raya National Park:
- From Pontianak to Sintang-Nanga Pinoh by four wheel drive, 9 hours (460 km). Then proceed to Nanga Nuak by speedboat, 2.5 hours. The journey from Nanga Nuak to the Park can be covered within 2 hours by four wheel drive.
- Alternatively, From Palangkaraya to Kasongan by four wheel drive, then to Tumbang Samba by speedboat, 3 hours. From Tumbang Samba by speedboat to Tumbang Hiran, 3 hours, then another 4 hours to the Park.
We can visit by plane, car, ship, bus, motorcycle and bicycle. At some point, we can take the train. We can also walk freely.
In Bukit Baka Bukit Raya National Park, as technology getting better. We can easily find locations for mini markets, shops (warung kedai), ATMs, Bank BRI BCA BNI Mandiri, BTPN Bank Nagari BJB, supermarkets, and restaurants. So we will not starve or lack the necessary items.
Suggestion before visiting to Bukit Baka Bukit Raya National Park:
- Best time of year to visit: June to September.
- Temperature: 7° – 32° C
- Rainfall: 3,400 mm/year (on average)
- Altitude: 150 – 2,278 m asl.
- Geographical location: 112°15′ – 112°60′ E; 0°30′ – 0°65′ S
If you are sick and need help, you can also visit clinics, drugstore pharmacies (apotek), practice doctors, hospitals, health centers (puskesmas).
In this place we can also look for places of worship such as mosques, churches, and others.
Finding place to stay in Bukit Baka Bukit Raya National Park is very easy. We can stay at homestays, hotels, inns, hostels and other places.
To get lodging at a cheap and definitely comfortable price, please see below:
Experience and Reviews
There are already many visitors have visited Bukit Baka Bukit Raya National Park, there are many interesting stories that are told. Like feeling satisfied, happy, wanting to come again, sleep well, and almost no one is disappointed or complains to come here.
So, visitors will find out on how to find the best hotels, where is exactly located, why it is amazing, how much is the fare and rate, who are the people, whom to ask, and when is the best time to visit.
We can visit these tourist attractions from Tanjung Pinang, Tanjung Redep, Tanjung Selor, Tapak Tuan, Tarakan, Tarutung, Tasikmalaya, Muara Bungo, Muara Enim, Muara Teweh, Muaro Sijunjung, Muntilan, Nabire, Negara, Nganjuk,
That’s all the information we provided, hopefully useful.