Tomini Bay and Olele Beach in Gorontalo: Pieces of Paradise on the Equator
There are just so many things that make Gorontalo perfect for holiday, the beauty of its nature, the culture and not forget to mention, the friendly people. General information about Gorontalo, stated at North Sulawesi. Mountains, hills, shore line are the main characteristic of Gorontalo and it makes the island perfect for marine tourism.
Most of diving site take you just a few minute from town, Diving in Gorontalo mean diving within the richness of biodiversity, health and unique coral and reefs.
Lots of beautiful places could be found here. Tomini Bay, for instance, is famous for under water habitat and undefined creatures. There is several number of unsettled small islands. Tomini Bay is a heaven for divers, because the geographic position of Tomini Bay, which is crossed by the equator line, has naturally presented various kinds of sea creature inside.
Desa Olele or Olele Village is well known as the wild diving spot among world class diver. Olele beach is a gate to underwater paradise. The amazing beauty of underwater life on this area has been recognize and proofed by the enthusiasm of the divers who come to Olele beach. The divers called Olele as Traffic Jam dive spot.
In Tomini Bay and Olele Beach, you can find some or maybe the most amazing underwater creatures such as:
- Giant Reef (Petrosia Sp.)
- School of Gobi Fish (Bryaninops erythrops)
- Salvador Dali reef (Petrosia lignose)
- Kipas Laut Biru (Acanthogorgia Sp.). There are only 3 acanthogorgia Sp. In Gorontalo
- Anemon Koralimorf (Discosoma Sp.)
- Ikan Behang (plectorhinchus chaetodonoides), some people call it cha-cha fish caused they dance and swim around the coral.
- Blenni (Escenius Caeruliventris)
- Cardinal Fish, damsel, platax pinnatus, scorpaenopsis, oxycephala, goropa fish, butterfly fish, pusillus, cockatoo fish, Randal fish, parapterois hetururus, Bothus Sp ” half face fish, frog fish, celebes
- Not forget to mention that Gorontalo is the Kingdom of Nudibrancia
- Seahorses and pigmy seahorses
- Wreck of Japanese Cargo, Tjendrawasih Ship
- Sail with the fisherman
- Sentinels: Best of the Best in Diving
- Potanga Pool with natural cool and fresh water-directly comes from the mountain spring
- Otanaha Castle was the protection and defense of the Kings of Gorontalo
- White sand of Leato
- Limboto Lake
- Ayuhulalo Waterfall
- Boalemo Beach
- Bolihutuo Beach
- Bajos Tribe Village
- Jallaludin airport is the entrance for the visitors who use the airplane service (located approximately 15 km from the town of Gorontalo)
- Flight from Sukarno Hatta Air Port-Jakarta ” Jallaludin Air Port, Gorontalo (Filght served every day, please check the exact schedule to your airline services)
- For visitors who use sea service, Gorontalo has 3 harbors, Anggrek Harbor, Kwandang Harbor and Crossing Harbor
- Within the town, Trans Sulawesi is a land acces that connected the province in Sulawesi
- Mini bus
- To access the diving spot you can use rented car/bike, then take a boat toward your spot preferences
- For those who use dive companys services, they’ll arrange your activities (transport, meals, lodging) the moment you arrived at Gorontalo
- Take a ride with Bentor, support by motor bike machine, for one or two passenger only. Dont worry with the rain, cause Bentor installed with veil
- The best diving season runs from November to April
- You can experienced the encounter with dolphin (torsiops truncates) around February to April
Source: Ministry of Tourism and Creative Economy, Republic Indonesia